Wednesday, July 27, 2011

DIY Canopy Bed

I've always adored the look of a canopy bed, but with figuring out how to put it together, and then there's the whole commitment thing...would I really want it long enough to make it worth the price?! BUT... look at this clever way to make a faux canopy bed, and quite frankly, I'm actually loving it more than real ones! I love how the drapes come all the way from the ceiling, making such a strong statement in the room.



Just hang some curtain rods on the ceiling and attach whatever curtains you like! When you're tired of the look, simply take down the rods and you can reuse them somewhere else in the house!

xoxo Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Love this look, too! I like the idea of only putting minimal holes in the ceiling as opposed to using a track as this is to be placed in a rental. Have pulled up various photos on posts for this so I get the general concept, but have yet to find how to actually successfully execute the look. What are the brackets used for at the ends of the beds that makes the corner angle to hold the rods? Where can they be found? I've Googled 'multi return brackets', 'ceiling mount rod brackets' and etc... but haven't found quite the right thing yet. What am I missing here? Any suggestions?? Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete