Thursday, December 30, 2010

House Tours: Campion Platt

Campion Platt is a famous American architect living here in NYC. He just released a design book named "Made to Order" which I've heard is AH-Mazing! It's definitely at the top of my list of books I'm needing to purchase! These photos in the current NY Social Diary showcase his awesome house! He has managed to create a house with a purple sofa, a pink bedroom, and lots of purple light strips on the walls, yet it's still somehow has a masculine edge.

I'm LOVING the purple sofa! Hoping someday I can convince Mr. Williams he would like it! (I think it's starting to grow on him...)

The light installments throughout the house remind me of the post I had a few days ago about the LED light strips. The ones in this apartment are a tad different, but same concept. I love the feel it creates in the room, it definitely takes things to a whole new level!

He's done such a fantastic job mixing so many different elements and styles yet making it still feel so cohesive.


He did a great job of still bringing in some darker, more stately pieces to help balance the space, keeping it grounded. Like this great little entertainment area, as well as the fireplace.

There's only one thing that comes to mind when I see this kitchen:MODERN GLAMOUR!

I love the modern bookcases. The lighting creates such a soft feel for all the harsh straight lines.


The bedroom is so refreshing, light and airy! I'd wake up in a good mood every morning in such a happy looking bedroom!

I like how the closet is all function, it doesn't have to be style out, so long as everything has a place and is able to stay organized. (Ok, and his wife is one lucky lady! Check out that shoe rack is her closest!)



Check out more photos and the interview of Campion at NY Social Diary.com

xoxo Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Love everything, with the exception of the closet! Really love your blog Hannah-you have great taste. Now if only you could come do something with this crazy mom hair I've got going on.

    ReplyDelete